Every company seems to be into smartwatches nowadays. Despite the fact that this product category has yet to achieve mass market appeal, tech companies and even conventional watch brands are trying their luck with smartwatches.
The Apple Watch has sold a chunk since its launch despite the hefty price tag. Now Tag Heuer wants a piece of that market. The Swiss watch company recently launched the Connected watch, a smartwatch that runs Android Wear from Google. The watch looks like a traditional watch but it is a smartwatch, and an expensive one at that. With a price tag of $1,500, the Tag Heuer Connected is almost in the alley of the Apple Watch.
Tag Heuer Connected
With the hefty price tag, what exactly can the Tag Heuer Connected offer? Well, for one, it has the classic Tag Heuer look and if looks is what you are after, this one could be a winner since it looks like the Tag Heuer Carrera analog watch. The Connected watch is made of titanium and uses sapphire crystal on its 1.5-inch display so it should be tough enough to withstand heavy use. It has a 46mm diameter and owners can choose from six different rubber straps.
The Tag Heuer Connected up close.
For the Connected watch, Tag Heuer has designed three watch faces that look like they are made for analog watches. The watch of course comes ready with Tag-designed apps. Inside the watch is a 1.6GHz dual-core processor, a 4GB internal storage, 410mAh battery and a host of sensors and connectivity features. The watch can last for 40 hours on a single charge according to Tag Heuer.
Tag Heuer Connected Specs
- Case Diameter: 46 mm
- Case Thickness: 12.8 mm
- Weight: 52 gm
- Titanium Grade 2
- IP67 splash-proof water resistance
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal screen
- 1.5-inch fully circular transflective LTPS LCD display
- Touch on Display supporting multiple finger recognition
- Screen resolution: 360×360, 240ppi
- 410mAh battery (minimum 25 hours battery life, based on typical usage)
- 1.6GHz dual core processor (500mHz normal operation speed)
- 1GB main memory – 4GB storage memory
- Sensors: Gyroscope, tilt detection sensor, microphone, haptic engine
- Compatibility: Android 4.3+ / iOS 8.2+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth BLE 4.1 – WLAN 2.4 GHz 802.11 B/G/N
- Conductive charging cradle with USB cable and wall plug
Watch these videos for more details on the Tag Heuer Connected.
The availability and pricing of the Tag Heuer Connected in the Philippines is still unknown. Stay tuned for updates.
Source: Tag Heuer Connected