Cherry Mobile has a new Android smartphone and this one is the first to feature an octa-core processor. Cherry Mobile recently unveiled the Titan Pro so the announcement of the Cosmos Z2 comes as a surprise.
Starmobile has the distinction of being the first local brand to feature an octa-core processor with the launch of the Diamond X1 so Cherry Mobile’s Cosmos Z2 is an attempt to be one of the first beside Starmobile. Specifically, the Cherry Mobile Cosmos Z2 runs on a MediaTek’s MT6592 octa-core processor. This is paired with a 2GB RAM and a 16GB internal storage. The price of the Cherry Mobile Cosmos Z2 is almost the same as the Starmobile Diamond X1. Cherry Mobile’s octa-core phone retails for P12,999.
Cherry Mobile Cosmos Z2 features an octa-core chip
Here are the main specs of the Cherry Mobile Cosmos Z2.
- Cherry Mobile Cosmos Z2 Specs
- 5-inch fHD OGS display (1920×1080 pixels, 440ppi)
- Dragontrail Glass
- MediaTek MT6592 octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- Mali 450MP GPU
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB
- 18MP BSI rear camera, LED flash, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- FM Radio Tuner
- GPS, USB On-The-Go support
- Li-Ion 2,000mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- Dimensions: 145 x 69.8 x 7.5mm
The Cherry Mobile Cosmos Z2 is already available at SM North EDSA and should be available in Cherry Mobile kiosks thereafter.