It’s only been a few months since iOS 9 has been released by Apple and there is already a working jailbreak. The newest and latest is from PanGu, a Chinese team that has a track record for releasing jailbreaks for past iOS versions.
The PanGu jailbreak is only for Windows for now. The jailbreak works with Apple devices running iOS 9.0 up to 9.0.2 and has a 73MB size. According to the PanGu site, the jailbreak will work with the following Apple devices:
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5/5S/5C
- iPhone 4S
- iPad Touch
- iPad Mini 2/3/4
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2
For tutorials or guides on how to jailbreak Apple devices using PanGu, you can search online and simply choose from the available resources or you may follow the following steps which has been shared on Reddit.
How to Jailbreak Apple Devices Using PanGu
- Download the jailbreak tool from the Pangu Website: http://en.pangu.io (Click the download link near the bottom of the page. It is currently windows only)
- Backup your device on iTunes
- While that is downloading, go into the settings app and disable Find My iPhone (iCloud -> Find My iPhone, switch off and enter password)
- Turn your device to airplane mode (setting is at the top of the settings app) (Do this AFTER turning off FindMyIPhone, otherwise FindMyIPhone will not turn off and it will act as though there is an incorrect password)
- Run the jailbreak tool you downloaded in step 1 (Called Pangu9_v1.0.0.exe)
- Plug in your device to your PC
- The program should detect your iPhone. Click the ‘Start’ button
- Click the ‘Already Backup’ button as you have backed up your device back in step 2
- Let the jailbreak do its thing
- At around 55%, your device should restart. When it finishes this you will need to unlock your device and enable Airplane Mode again.
- It will do its thing again, and at around 75% the program will prompt you to unlock and run the Pangu app. If you can’t find the app the try searching your device for ‘Pangu’
- In the app, click the ‘Accept’ button, and then click ‘allow’ on the popup that follows. (Yes it needs access to your photos!!!)
- Let the jailbreak do its thing again, until it finishes
- When it is done, go to the last page on your device, and Cydia should be there.
- Run Cydia! You have jailbroken your iOS 9 device!!
Source 1 | 2